This post has been circulating in my head for a few weeks now. I've only just gotten the guts/ inspiration to write it down.
I'm interested to see what others agree with/add to/disagree with.
What Preppy Means To Me...
- First and foremost, Manners. Being able to conduct yourself properly in society and Society.
- Limit the potty mouth/cussing. Not very becoming and shows lazy use of Language.
- Looking polished in whatever you wear, whether it's a formal dress to a gala or an oxford and khakis to the market.
- Modesty... both in behavior and apparel. Nobody wants to see it so keep it to yourself!
- Being ready for anything and any occasion (yes, I was a Girl Scout at one point as well!)
- Being girly and all those goes with it.
- But on the other hand, do not afraid to get your hands dirty (or manicure chipped).
- Being involved in the community, at church, at school, etc.
- Having hobbies/athletic pursuits that one is passionate about.
- Quality over quantity (this could mean many different things).
- Being educated (in all sense of the word).
- Respect/Admiration for elders
- Interest or at least knowledge of family ancestry.
- Having a personality (nobody wants a stiff at their next cocktail party).
- Graciousness towards others and self.
- Giving back financially to schools, churches, events, programs, etc.
- Can mix a great cocktail (great addition!)
- In terms of clothing, classics that will never go out of style (and of course a little pink and green in there somewhere for good measure)!
- Headbands, Ribbons, and Barrettes.
I'm sure I'll be adding to this as I think of things but these are the things I value in regards to this lifestyle we all love!
What do you think?